Interactive Security, Home Automation... Whats the difference?
At a high level there is very little difference. Both will do the following:
- Arm / Disarm your security system from your mobile device.
- View the status or your security system (i.e. Ready, Not Ready, Zone / Door status).
- Interact with door locks, lights, thermostats, etc.
- Create a use "scenes" for lighting control. Press one switch and have all the lights in the room adjust to that perfect level.
- Create and use rules. When the front door is unlocked or opened, turn the light on.
- Setup notifications. Send an email or text when the door is opened during the week between 3:00 and 4:00 letting you know that the kids are home from school.
When you start to dig deeper the differences become more obvious. You need to look at what you have today, what is the ultimate goal and what are the costs. Intelligent homes Canada has the ability to offer you the right solution for your situation. In many cases you don't need a new security system. The security companies will tell you that you do need a new system because that is the only way they can add interactive security features to your home. If your security panel is less that 10 years old, there is a very good chance that you can add a low cost home automation controller such as the Clare Controls Cliq Mini and surpass many of the features offered by the new security systems. With no monthly fees.
On the other hand, if your security system is too old or you just want a new panel that can control door locks and simple automation, then we can install a new panel.